Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Valentine's Day Wedding

For Valentine's Day, we were invited to the wedding of a young woman I teach with. There were quite a few other Morse High faculty there, so we had a good evening. The wedding was down in Freeport- the service at the old Freeport Meeting House, and the reception was at the hotel right next door. Though we didn't stay very late because of Cate, we had a good time, and I think she did too.

I found this little Valentine's dress for Cate - it even has heart pockets on the front. She is studying my Eiffel Tower name card (did I mention this woman is our French teacher?)


This little girl was sitting at the next table over from us. She and Cate were checking each other out, so we made introductions. Turns out, she was born the day before Cate! But I'd just like to point out that she could not yet walk on her own, and she didn't have enough teeth to eat the crackers off the h'or doerves (sp? you know what I mean) table, like Cate did. However, in classy-gal style, Cate shared her Cheerios and puffs with her new friend.

Cate getting some love from the flower girl. Another new friend!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That other little girl may not be able to walk or eat crackers, but she's got Cate beat on hair growth :) She looked so cute in her Valentine's Day dress!

Linda P. said...

I was just thinking the same thing about the hair:)
But nobody's cuter than our Cate.
Love,
Gramma

Anonymous said...

I love the little tights. So cute!