
Last Thursday morning we left Maine for the drive down to New Jersey for Sheila's Coast Guard graduation in Cape May. Rick and I have not been to the Jersey shore since we moved away from DC, so I was really excited to go back. Our first stop was in Smithville, a little "village" of shops and restaurants around a lake. Grandma Pappas used to live right by here, and I have so many childhood memories of this place. I was really excited to take Cate there. Unfortunately, I had the camera on the wrong setting, and most of my pictures turned out kind of blah. Plus, I kept promising Cate she could feed the ducks, and when we arrived, there were signs posted everywhere forbidding feeding them! Boo!!


Below, Cate checking out (but not feeding!) the Canada geese, their goslings, and some laughing gulls.

After we left Smithville, we went on to the Ocean City boardwalk. First stop- Mack and Manco's pizza- yumm!!!!!! Unfortunately, Johnson's popcorn was NOT open, and many of the shops were closing up at 5. I had to remind myself that it was only early May and it was midweek. Oh well, at least we got our pizza!



Cate ran up and down the boardwalk- good exercise for a little one who had been cooped up in the car all day.


5 comments:
It looks just how I remember it!! Can't believe I haven't been there since Grandma died...16 (?) years ago!
I can't believe how long and CURLY Cate's hair is getting. Poor thing is cursed like us! :)
My sister graduated from Coast Guard school in Cape may where she married her husband in the navy. Neat place! Looks like it was full of memories and good times for you!
Cate is too cute with all those curls!!
Laurie, you're right. It does look just the same. We need to plan a family gathering back there:)
Oh I remember Smithville AND Johnson's popcorn on the boardwalk!! Wow, that was a long time ago. :)
Post a Comment