
Today was one of those rare 65+ degree November days in Maine, so Cate and I decided to go to the beach (Rick, unfortunately, was working). Luckily, low tide was around 10:30am, so it worked out perfectly for us, and Cate was thrilled to have an opportunity to dig around in the sand and make sand castles. We also packed a lunch and had fun seeing the many horses that were out on the beach in addition to lots of people and dogs.



What's that? Oh, yes, that would be Cate.... barefoot.... in the water.... in Maine... in November. It was all her idea, and interestingly, she was not the only barefoot person on the beach, and not the only kid to take a little dip in the water! She seemed completely unfazed by the freezing-ness of the water, which is never warm, even in August. Fortunately, the water she was in was more of a pool that is created at low tide, so it was free of waves, which were actually quite huge today!

Thank goodness I brought a dry change of clothes!!

1 comment:
Oh wow! Actually, we had just great weather today too! My sisters and I went up to Malabar for the morning and I looked at the thermometer. It was 79! Cate is an amazing child, no fear, all adventure! I'm sure we'll read about her life someday !
Post a Comment