"Before I had my child, I thought that I understood the limits of my heart. It's extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out." - Uma Thurman
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Cate's First Birthday!
So Cate turned ONE on January 16. I can't say we had party tents and pony rides. In fact, the most memorable part of the day will probably be the temperature (we woke up to -12 degrees). For a moment I felt a little guilty that we didn't plan a big shin-dig for her, but it did seem kind of silly since she'll never remember it. We'll save the big party for when she can really enjoy it! Plus truthfully, we couldn't figure out what to do or who to invite- neighbors, work friends, only friends with other small children- and we didn't want all these people to feel obligated to come bearing gifts. We just couldn't decide. So in the end, we decided to have a nice evening celebrating with our good friends John and Julie. We had them over for dinner, cake, and ice cream, and a good time was had by all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy One Year Old, Cate!!!!
Happy First Birthday to Little Miss Cate!!!
Love,
Belva and Gerry
Happy Birthday Cate!! I thought about you a lot yesterday. Did your Mommy cry at all thinking that you're already one? I sure have and Sophie isn't even there yet! Glad to hear you had a good day. Love you all!
I absolutely CANNOT believe that YOUR child freaked out over cake icing.....really, are you sure she's related to you??? hahaha On a similar note, Jack dipped his french fries in his Wendy's frosty for the first time the other day (totally unprompted by me, I might add) so now I'm sure he's my child. :-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CATE!!
Happy Birthday, our sweet Cate!
Gramma must hurry to Maine and teach you how to lick that icing off your fingers and enjoy every bit:)
Post a Comment