When I told Rick I wanted to go, he was definitely hesitant. He reminded me how many times I've dragged him to various events that have been incredibly lame, and I admit, Maine can be a bit unpredictable when it comes to "events." A well organized/publicized event may well end up being two old ladies with a card table of crocheted tissue box covers, set up for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon. Even Mom and Dad had experience with this such thing- I remember them going to the Wilton Blueberry Festival several years back, and they still swear to this day that not a single blueberry food item was for sale. Then there was the alpaca open house Mom and I went to, and when we got there we saw about four alpacas and the family dog but no one was home. You get the point. The only thing you can be sure of is, whatever the event, it will never be as crowded as what you were expecting. But I digress...
So I dragged Rick and Cate up to the fish ladder, and when it was all over, Rick admitted that it was pretty cool.
This landing/building was the starting point. I was standing on the bridge looking up stream. Behind me was the view below, looking out into the river, which isn't far up river from the open ocean. Looking down into the water below, it was black with fish.
The picture below gives you an idea how many fish are working their way "Up riv-ah." It was crazy. Seriously. Even Cate was pointing and yelling at all the fish.
Look at them go!! You can't help but want to cheer them on and feel a little sorry when you see one get swooshed back down a level.
1 comment:
Amazing!!!
Wish Grandpa and I could have been there with you, Cate.
Hugs.
Post a Comment