Thursday, November 26, 2009

A hike on Hermit Island in Phippsburg


Last Sunday, Rick was working, so Cate and I went down to Mom and Dad's place, and then we all went a little further down the road to Hermit Island, near Small Point beach in Phippsburg. Hermit Island hosts a very large campground that's very busy all summer, but this time of year, it's open for hiking and walking and biking and horseback riding, etc. I put Cate in the carrier, and off we went. Obviously, from the above picture, Cate was affected by either the abundance of fresh salt air or the rhythmic swaying of the backpack. She was a good little trooper!


The below sign we saw on one of the bathhouses as walked one of the campground roads. #1 under the "do not" list made us laugh, b/c it was a strong reminder that we're definitely not in Ohio anymore. Don't wash WHAT!?!?! :)




We found some hidden little sand beaches on our walk around the island. Never did see another soul back in the woods or on these beaches, though there were a few footprints and TONS of deer tracks. I think we even spooked a few deer in the woods, which I think spooked Mom a bit too! :)

Head Beach in the background.

No comments: