
One Saturday in early September, Mom, Cate, and I went over to Lewiston to the Greek Orthodox Church for the Greek Festival. On the way, we stopped at an orchard we'd never been to before to check it out. They had some small pumpkins out, so I let Cate pick one out for herself. She went back and forth numerous times until she finally settled on just the right one.

The orchard also had chickens, which were very interesting.

On our way home from the Greek festival, we stopped at another orchard that we really liked. Aside from the freshly made donuts and delicious cider, they had two mini donkeys, which we could not drag Cate away from. She developed a love/hate relationship with them. She didn't want to leave them alone, but she also wasn't quite brave enough to feed them the dandelion greens that we were picking from our side of the fence.

Oh, look! Gramma can do it! (seriously, is that my mom feeding a donkey?! For someone who doesn't even want our dog to lick her, I give her snaps for this animal-friendly offering. I guess this is what grandchildren will drive you to do. :)

I think Cate's dancing in front of the donkey in the picture below. haha!

Time for a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment