Mom and Dad arrived from Ohio this past Saturday for their three week Maine stay. They spent a few nights with us and then headed up to their cabin yesterday. On Sunday, we took a short hike on a newly discovered trail in Georgetown (over the bridge from Bath to Woolwich and two islands down), and Cate got to try out a backpack carrier we borrowed from our neighbors. She did really well and seemed to enjoy herself, and it was definitely more comfortable than the Bjorn (for me at least). She's just getting too heavy for that! After our hike, we went on down to Five Islands and got an ice cream cone and watched all the action in the harbor. It was a really nice day, and the place was hopping.
Great-grandma Sprague sent up this new stuffed dog for Cate, and Cate seems to have taken right to it. I snuck in and snapped this picture of her while she was sleeping and got the other when she woke up. She's always so happy first thing in the morning.
Cate checking out Grandpa's mustache- so fascinating!!! (She's never seen her daddy grow anything like that!) hee hee!!
I call this "The Lion and the Lamb," and they have finally learned to lay down together. Of course, Ellie is probably thinking, "If I don't look at her, she doesn't exist....big old mongrel." And Zoe is probably thinking, "I wish she'd play with me." But the fact that they're this close shows how far they've come!
No comments:
Post a Comment