Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A day for teeth... bears, deer, and Cate?!?!

We enjoyed a really nice day today after several days of lousy weather. It's really been kind of a lousy summer, weather-wise, but today was rain-free. We decided to head over to the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray. It's run by the Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife and houses many Maine critters that, for various reasons, cannot live in the wild anymore. After spending a nice afternoon there, we returned home, and I discovered that Cate's two bottom teeth have come in!! Well, they're not really "in," but when I rubbed my finger along her bottom gum (as I've been doing daily for weeks), I felt something sharp. Upon closer examination, sure enough, both bottom teeth have just erupted through the gum. All I can say now is, thank goodness I'm pretty much wrapping up breast feeding! :)

Anyways, here are some pictures of our trip to the Wildlife Park....




We were feeding the deer corn, so this one came right over for a visit.






Cate was really interested in the bears and squealed with delight when they came over to the fence to eat their bear treats, which we bought for a quarter. Here, she is looking at them quite intently!






This nice big bull moose was toward the back of his pen but came over to see us. Well, really, he walked over to us, took a big poop, turned around, and walked away. So much for hospitality!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics. She is so cute. I love the back of her head. It's so cute! I can't believe she has teeth. She is growing up : (

Donna said...

Looks like a really fun trip! Had to laugh out loud at the moose hospitality!!!!hahaha!