Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A lovely day in the park

So mid-morning I was on the phone with Rick (who was working), and he got a call and had to run. Shortly after, I heard lots of sirens headed toward the shipyard. I noticed Rick had left his pager at home, so I turned it on and discovered there was actually a real fire. After Cate and I finished lunch, it sounded like things were still happening, so I put her in the stroller, and we walked the few blocks down the hill to the river where the shipyard is located (though it probably stretches over a half mile lengthwise on the river). Well, we didn't see a stinkin' thing. No smoke in the air, no engines- I don't know where they were, but that may be a testament to the size of the place.

Anyways, Cate and I continued on through downtown where we stopped in at Reny's (the everything store) for a couple of picture frames and some toothpaste and then on to the library to return a book. After that I plopped a blanket down in the library park under the shade of a big oak tree, and we hung out there for a while.

Couldn't she just be the poster child for Bath? So cute.



She really enjoyed the grass. Our backyard is pretty much weeds and dog poop, so we really don't play in it. This was a nice treat.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so wanting to be in New England. A day with you, Cate and Reny's sounds wonderful. I wish we were there : (

Laurie said...

I'm in agreement with Chrissy...and I don't even really like Maine!

Linda P. said...

I think you can actually see her hair:) So sweet.
Love, Gramma