We ended up going to lamb day twice, b/c the newspaper said it was on Saturday, so Cate and I went over (Rick was working) only to arrive and find a sign in the driveway that said, "Lamb Open House is Sunday. Newspaper misprinted date." That's so Maine! Luckily, the farm and the land are owned by the Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust, and it's part of a Community Supported Agriculture initiative, so the property is pretty open to the public. Cate and I were able to follow one of the nature trails back to where the rams were being kept, and we went over to the other side of the farm to check out the ewes and lambs from afar. Below is the ram pasture.
"Before I had my child, I thought that I understood the limits of my heart. It's extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out." - Uma Thurman
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Crystal Spring Farm - Lamb Day
Last weekend a local farm in Brunswick, Crystal Spring Farm, was having their lamb day open house. They've had over 100 lambs born there this spring, and we saw three little lambs that had just been born that morning. (not the ones below!)

We ended up going to lamb day twice, b/c the newspaper said it was on Saturday, so Cate and I went over (Rick was working) only to arrive and find a sign in the driveway that said, "Lamb Open House is Sunday. Newspaper misprinted date." That's so Maine! Luckily, the farm and the land are owned by the Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust, and it's part of a Community Supported Agriculture initiative, so the property is pretty open to the public. Cate and I were able to follow one of the nature trails back to where the rams were being kept, and we went over to the other side of the farm to check out the ewes and lambs from afar. Below is the ram pasture.


Then on Sunday we went back again, with Rick, to the "official" lamb day. Cate was able to get up close and personal with a few of the lambs, and I think she said "sheep!"

We ended up going to lamb day twice, b/c the newspaper said it was on Saturday, so Cate and I went over (Rick was working) only to arrive and find a sign in the driveway that said, "Lamb Open House is Sunday. Newspaper misprinted date." That's so Maine! Luckily, the farm and the land are owned by the Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust, and it's part of a Community Supported Agriculture initiative, so the property is pretty open to the public. Cate and I were able to follow one of the nature trails back to where the rams were being kept, and we went over to the other side of the farm to check out the ewes and lambs from afar. Below is the ram pasture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sheep? Are you sure she didn't say, you know, her favorite word?
Post a Comment