Monday, June 15, 2009

Talking, reading, eating

Cate's chair has become a favorite spot to hang out and read. Of course, it's also become a favorite object to try and climb on to get to other, higher spots!

I tried to catch her actually reading this book, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera, and two seconds after this shot, she hopped out of the chair and crawled into my lap to look at pictures on the camera. That activity hasn't grown old yet.

Here's another picture I had to take when I peaked in on her before bed the other night. I love the arms over the head. This is also the only time she's still, so I have to pause and enjoy it.


Sheila was over for dinner the other night, and I made lemon squares for dessert. Cate was hanging out under Sheila when she bit into her lemon square and sent a puff of powdered sugar right down on Cate's face!!

For the past few days, Cate has been jabbering this particular phrase over and over. I'm not sure if it's happy, happy, happy, or Abby, Abby, Abby or perhaps just something in her own language, but at least it sounds like our language!!!

3 comments:

Linda P. said...

Grandpa Jay says that when kids sleep with their hands over their heads, it means they're content. Is that an old Greek belief???

Only in Maine do babies still sleep in their winter pjs in the middle of June:)

Love,
Gramma

Claire said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the footsie jammies!! And I'm wondering what Grandpa Jay would say it means when kids sleep with their bums in the air because that's what the twins do... hahaha :)

Donna said...

Cooper sleeps with his butt in the air too! Love the Abbies..cute! Went to your dad's retirement party tonight...so nice! They have a video that they will have to share with you...we will miss them so...our loss is your gain!!:)