Tuesday, September 16, 2008

8 months highlight reel

So we're into our third week of school (gag), and Cate and Daddy are having lots of fun at home together. They pal around all day- going out on the town, taking walks, and playing at home. I think Rick may even be getting better at getting her to take naps than I am. When I got home from school the other day, I discovered this video on the camera.



Cate's food repertoire is slowly expanding. She has now had a little diluted apple juice in a sippy cup, and she had some chicken with her sweet potatoes this week. We've also added wheat cereal ("mixed grain") as a more flavorful substitute for rice, with dinner. We decided to see what she'd do with "finger foods," so we gave her a few broken up pieces of Gerber Graduate Banana Puffs- they're about Cheerio sized but claim to melt easily in a tot's mouth. She likes the taste and seems to be doing ok eating them, but she doesn't quite yet have that "pincer" grip down to really get them into her own mouth. I suppose it doesn't help that we broke them into even smaller pieces, but oh well. As a side note, tonight I gave her a few puffs to eat (play with) while she was hanging out in her exersaucer and I was making dinner. The crushed remnants were left in the snack tray when I took her out to go to the dinner table. I later noticed that all traces of the leftover puffs were completely cleared out of the exersaucer. Hmmmm, who could have possibly snuck into the kitchen and licked the exersaucer snack tray clean?????? I suspect a big white dog.... :)


2 comments:

Linda P. said...

OK. SO, how do you expect her to pick up those teeny, tiny pieces?

Donna said...

Reminds me of Chelsea when she was about 3, used to say...."I don't like those little pea-ces!"
Actually, Cate is getting it down pretty well!