Today was Cate's first Halloween, and she dressed up like a pirate. The outfit was sent by Nan Davis, and it fit Cate just perfectly. We went around our neighborhood, and everyone thought she was adorable. Luckily, the weather was relatively nice, so with three underlayers, tights, and socks, that got us by for a quick trip up and down the street without a coat.
Cate posing with the pumpkins- Mommy, Daddy, and Cate pumpkins. Actually, now that I look at this, Zoe's pumpkin is off to the side. How sad! Zoe is neglected even in pumpkin form! :(
Earlier today, Mom, Cate, and I took a little road trip up north. I took a personal day from school, and we headed out midmorning. Our first stop was Kohl's in Augusta, where I bought Cate a winter coat. It's very cute- OshKosh, green, puffy, with pink trim, a snap off hood, and attached mittens. Then we continued on up to Skowhegan where we stopped in at the Blueberry Cupboard, a nice gift shop downtown. They now have a baby section with lots of eco-friendly, organic, granola-loving kinds of baby stuff. I had seen a pink fleece hat there this summer that I really liked, so we stopped in and I bought it. It's so cute, and it looks great with Cate's new coat. After that we stopped by Subway for sandwiches and headed out to camp, which is all closed up, but we were still able to enjoy the beautiful day. We parked the car facing the lake and all had our lunch. Then we got out and walked around a little bit and snapped the above pictures.
Finally, we left camp and headed off to the Heichel's house, where we visited for a short bit before heading back home in time for Trick or Treat. Cate particularly loved getting to meet the Heichel's new little German short hair pup, Harry. Boy, is he a sweetie! So all in all, we had a great day. Too bad Gramma has to fly home tomorrow. We're going to miss her!
3 comments:
ahahahahahahaha...that is the BEST costume! I love the puffy shirt and the head wrap. She is rated arrrrrrrr.......
I love the picture of Cate by the pumkins! Looks like you are having nicer weather than we are...it's been coldddd until yesterday. Know how much Grandma Linda loves to be there...-sigh-...but we love her here too!
he is cute !!
Post a Comment