Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a difference (almost) 9 months makes



When our friend Julie saw Cate in her carseat the other day, she commented how her feet are starting to hang off the end. She said, "Gosh, you're going to need a new seat for her soon." I think Rick and I had to stop for a minute. Sometimes we forget that she's growing up and won't be using the same things forever, like her carseat (** Cate: "Mom, Dad, my date is here." Me: "Ok, sweetie, tell him to wait a second while Dad straps your seat into the back of his car."**) It's easy to forget how much she's grown in a relatively short period of time. Even while visiting our friends Marc and Andrea recently, who just had a little boy (who was bigger than Cate when we brought her home, mind you), Rick and I couldn't get over how small he was.

So anyways, today when Cate and I got home from Walgreens, I snapped this picture of her, to compare to the picture we took of her when we first brought her home from the hospital. Crazy, isn't it? My dear college roomie, Nikki, gave birth this week to a little girl. So Nik, this will be Sophia come next July. Enjoy every moment (ok, except for the crying- yours and hers- you really don't have to enjoy that part) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's a GIANT!!! hehe...that is so funny.