Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yep. Still cold & snowy in Maine.

Sorry for taking so long to get new pictures up. Two days after that Valentine's Day wedding, we had Cate at the pediatrician with a double ear infection. A day later, Rick and I were getting prescriptions filled for our sinus infections. After a round of antibiotics for all, we are doing better, though Cate is still having a tough time. She's cutting at least three molars (I've been watching for the 4th), so she's had a few restless nights, not including when she was sick. We have a follow up appt. with the doctor tomorrow (scheduled for what will be probably in the middle of a snowstorm), but hopefully her ears will be healed, and maybe Dr. Phelps will have a suggestion, or at least words of encouragement, for her teething pains.

As for the weather, as I just alluded, we're still having snow. We're expecting another snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. I was talking with Mom earlier tonight who was watching the Weather Channel. They are calling this a "Mega Storm," which I found quite funny. We're supposed to get about a foot, but I don't think it's going to be worse than any of the other storms we've had this year. I think it's only getting that label b/c it's a storm that's going to hit DC, NY, Boston, oh, and those unknown places north of Boston (read: Maine). Oh, NOW it's a big deal! :) But we just had a snowstorm last Sunday night and a snow day last Monday. Luckily, we did not lose power, but there were many- teachers and students- who didn't get power back until as late as last Thursday, so I'm guessing many are not wanting to go through this again. How many more days until spring??















Yesterday I took Zoe for a walk in the woods near our house. When we returned home, we found Rick and Cate walking up and down our street. She was wearing her dog hat, which was so cute we had to snap a shot or two. Last week after our snowstorm, I took Cate out in her sled. I got her in the snowpants and baby Ugg boots (a hand-me down!). If Cate looks upset in the sled, it's probably b/c I had her in snow so deep, she kept nearly flipping over and out of the sled. I quickly discovered my plan for a Norman Rockwell-esque excursion was not happening, so I took this picture and we crawled back out of the field and onto solid (relatively speaking) ground.


Cate wore her red turtleneck and matching red monkey Robeez the other day. So cute I had to take a picture. Again, with her attacking the camera, this was the best shot I could get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Cate's soon-to-be cousin would like the Baby Uggs when Cate is done with them. Cate's cousin's soon-to-be Mom has been looking for a pair for Cate's cousin on Ebay, but she is too frugal (CHEAP!) to pay the money for them. Hehe...

I do have to laugh at her outfit in the Ugg pic. Is that a snowsuit over her pajamas?