When Mom and Dad came up to visit, they brought with them two music CD's that Grandma bought for Cate. I played one through the DVD player, and Cate started dancing, as usual. On a separate note, tonight when I asked Cate, she correctly pointed to my nose, eyes, mouth, and ears. I was actually pretty surprised! Sometimes I think she's ignoring everything we try to teach her, and then she goes and does something like that. At least I know she is listening! We're still working on the words though. She definitely has a growing vocabulary, b/c she's getting good and following requests (ex. Take this to Daddy, Go find Zoe), but the spoken word is quite limited! She jabbers and "talks" constantly, but it makes very little sense. I just want one "mama" directed at me. That's all I want.
The main reason we have to gate off the kitchen is not to keep Cate from drinking the dish soap under the sink, but it's to keep her out of the snack cupboard!! When we bring her down in the morning, in the period of time that I pour her milk, she can unload the cupboard, find the goldfish (or whatever else she wants), undo the package and dive in (with many going right into Zoe's mouth too). When the gate was down the other day, we caught her sneaking off to the cupboard, so I had to catch her on film. I swear, we do feed her! But she loves the snack/cereal cupboard.
3 comments:
I totally sympathize with the talking. Sophie jabbers all day long and clearly thinks shes saying something. But so far all we get is 'hi' that is a real word. come on, just a mama or dada!! On another note I'm so jealous at how much Cate dances. It's so cute! Sophie doesn't dance much at all - must've gotten that gene from her dad. :)
So funny!!!-So cute!! Pretty bright...the wheels never stop working, do they? Mike and Tim say the same things about wanting their little ones to talk...I think they are talking talking intelligibley (sp?) and I catch it more on film when I replay it 29 times...hahaha!
Remember what Grandma Sprague always said, "Remember what you ask for...once they start talking they never stop - ha!"
Post a Comment