"Before I had my child, I thought that I understood the limits of my heart. It's extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out." - Uma Thurman
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Take me out to the ball game!
Rick was offered two tickets to this afternoon's Portland Sea Dogs game, so we decided to take Cate to her first "real" baseball game. It was an absolutely beautiful day- warm, but not too hot- and lots of sun. She actually made it through six innings before she started to get really antsy. And after six innings we were getting tired of trying to keep her in one spot! But we think she had a pretty good time, people watching and keeping an eye out for Slugger, the team mascot and the largest "stuffed animal" she had ever seen.
Cate really took to this Seadog Biscuit- two chocolate chip cookies with ice cream in the middle- made by a local company and sold by the hundreds (thousands??) at baseball games. I had to wrestle it away from her just to get a few bites (and, of course, the bites were fairly slobbery- yum).
Here's the ball field. Rick insisted that I mention the dimensions are identical to Fenway Park, including the Green Monster (the big green wall). It's 400 feet to the center field wall, which, apparently, is really far for baseball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment