We arrived first, so Cate had a little snack with Daddy while we waited.
"Before I had my child, I thought that I understood the limits of my heart. It's extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out." - Uma Thurman
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Cate and Sophie at the zoo
On the Monday after the 4th, we drove up to the Toledo Zoo to meet up with my dear college friend Martha, her husband, Jason, and their daughter Sophie, who was born only a few weeks after Cate (they're the Dancing Barefoot with Sophie blog). They drove down from Michigan for the day, and it was the first time we've gotten together in nearly 9 years- before Rick and I were even married! We were so excited to see each other and possibly more excited to get the girls together for a meeting.
Then we decided to take the girls on the carousel. Sophie was a little unsure on this particular day and preferred to ride on Martha instead. :) Cate picked out this pygmy hippo and thoroughly enjoyed her first ride on a merry-go-round.
What "exotic" bird did Cate find most interesting in the aviary? Ohio's state bird- the cardinal! Of all the birds, Cate seemed to make quick friends with this cardinal in rehab.


As if the cardinal wasn't enough, the girls most enjoyed the mallards that were nesting at the edge of the rhino exhibit. I'm not sure they even noticed the rhinos. Sophie really wanted to get up close and personal with the ducks!
I love this picture. Does it say, "We're done," or what?! I hope we can all get together before another 9 years goes by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet baby girls:)
What a fun day.
Love,
Gramma
More pics! More pics! I love her smooching her new friend. What a little ham. I hope she is feeling good now!
I LOVE the one of Cate giving Sophie a smooch. Too cute! It definitely won't be 9 years again! Love to you all.
I didn't realize it was actually a pygmy hippo that Cate chose on the carousel. I wonder how she knew to identify that particular species. Hmmm. I guess only a couple of Zoology dorks would know that :)
Post a Comment