Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cate talking

We've had several requests for video of Cate saying words, so here it is! We were a little concerned that her vocabulary seemed limited, but the pediatrician assured us that we'd probably see the 18 month vocab explosion, and we think it's finally happening. She's picking up new words daily, and she's finally making an effort to pay attention and imitate words when we say them to her. In this video, we manage to get a few of her favorite words out of her before she quits cooperating. And just to translate, she's started calling my dad Papou, Greek for Grandpa, since Grandpa seemed too hard. She also says Yia Yia, which is the Greek for Grandma, since my mom is "mommy" to Cate, as is every other woman that Cate likes. Rick's mom is Nana, which Cate signs banana and in this video responds to Nana with "Yummy." :) Oh, speaking of signs, notice that she does the sign for boat when she says it.....

4 comments:

Donna said...

I think she talks WONDERFULLY clear and well!!! Very cute!

M said...

Yea!! I was thinking about this the other day and wondered how she was doing. She's so articulate! Sophie says a lot but it often takes a mom or dad translator to understand still. :)

Laurie said...

I wonder what she's going to call me?!?!? Just a few more days - I can't wait to spoil her! :)

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big!!! *cry*