This video is for Aunt Chrissy. Rick had Cate talking to her the other day, and she requested the video of her conversation be posted on the blog. This is pretty much how Cate reacts to anyone on the phone, for any of you who have said, "Put Cate on the phone and let me talk to her."
We have decided that Cate's first word is dog. Really, it's just a firm "DA!" At first we thought it was dada, but then we realized she was only saying it when she saw Zoe or dog pictures in books or dogs outside. And truthfully, she said it when she saw a cat in a shop downtown the other day. Oh well, it was furry and walked on all fours. So this is Cate saying her version of "dog."
Cate's other new "sound that might actually mean something" is her moo-ing. We love to look at pictures of animals, and we always make the animal noises. The other day while I was moo-ing, I got her to moo, too. Even better, now when she looks at pictures of dogs and says, "DA!" she sometimes follows it up with a "mooooooo." I guess we still have some work to do. :) So see if you think this is a moo.
3 comments:
Cute! Although, it appears she is trying to hang up on me. Hmph.
She has to be the cutest baby ever :) I can hardly stand to wait another 4 weeks to see her!
I can't believe she just listens to the phone! The minute Sophie sees the phone she snatches it and pushes buttons. Much to the enjoyment of the person on the other end of the phone! And I love the breathing sound she makes. Super cute!
Post a Comment